CHANGE NOTICE: NOMINATIONS HAVE CHANGED FROM FEBRUARY 1-28 TO MARCH 1-31.
NOMINATIONS ARE OPEN MARCH 1-31 ONLINE ONLY, NO EXCEPTIONS!
WHOA! Please read before nominating a horse for this sale.
In order to consign a horse, you must first register for an account at the bottom of this page or login to your existing account. Once you have registered with us, you must activate your account by clicking on the link that was emailed to you upon registering with Premier Horse Sales. Nominating is not an easy process and does take preparation and planning, waiting until the last day of the month does not result in great outcomes.
Please call or email us if you have any questions. MM Auction Services, LLC ~ (877) 725-3636 ~ [email protected]
Premier Horse Sales wants to assure you and your horse are a great fit for our sale as well as our sale is a great fit for you and your horse.
Consignor Information ~ Terms and Conditions
1. Consignment/Catalog Fees are $500/horse~ fee includes top of the industry advertising and your horses’ stall June 24-25. Starting June 26, buyers take over stall fees. “No Sales” will pay for their stalls starting June 26 @ $75/night. Consignors are also required to pay extra for their stalls when arriving before June 24. Consignment Fees are nonrefundable once horse is accepted. Non-refundable includes but is not limited to a vesicular stomatitis quarantine or country pandemic that would keep the sale from taking place.
2. Commission Fees are 8% of sale price or $1,000 whichever is greater.
3. No Sale/Pass Out Fees are $1,000.
4. Nominations open March 1-31, Online Only
Anyone can nominate their horse in hopes to sell at Premier Horse Sale. Submission of nomination does not guarantee selection. All criteria must be met prior to your horse being nominated. More than 1 horse may be nominated. Nominations will be accepted March 1-31 online only, no exceptions. Quality over Quantity!
5. “TOP” scoring horses will sell at our Premier Horse Sale. Our Committee will be using our consignment rubric to score each and every horse and consignor. The better you & your horse score, the better of a chance you have to get a spot in the sale. All consignors will be notified by email or phone call no later than April 15th whether or not their horses are accepted. Some consignors may nominate 5 horses and only 1 will get accepted. You as the consignor can reject your 1 accepted position and we will offer it to the next highest scorer in line.
- Follow Precisely ~ the higher you & your horse score, the better your chances are to sell at sale.
- 11 scoring areas: +3 “Superior” is what you should shoot for in each area. We will accept a variety of breeds/performances of horses and these will be taken into consideration when scoring.
- Consignor Status
- Photos – Professional Only – submitted at the time of nomination. Please know, whatever photos and description you submit when nominating will be directly printed in the catalog. Thus, the reason we want it perfect from the beginning.
- Performance/Riding Ability
- +3 “Superior” is the score to shoot for in each category.
- Our job is to ensure each horse is a good fit for our sale and buyers as well as our sale is a good fit for all horses and consignors alike.
- Attachments to include:
- Professional photos only – minimum of 2 still photos -We cannot market your animal without great photos and videos. Help us help you! Please make sure they are 1MB – 2MB in size and the horse is not cropped in the photo too much. Photos that are too cropped do not look good when we use them for marketing especially in videos. Find a happy medium. The better the photos are the more we can use them in magazines and online marketing.
- Video by URL – Required by new consignors only. Past consignors will receive a score from their average of past scores. Past consignors can increase their score by submitting new videos. Video URL can be submitted by YouTube/google drive/Facebook, 2-3 minutes long only, nonprofessional for now, will not be shown to the public. Show riding and performance ability as well as gentleness and temperament.
- Copy of registration (scanned)
- Copy of change of ownership inspection (Bill of Sale – B form – purchase form – change of ownership – lifetime – proof of purchase date provided by brand inspector)
7. Consignment Fees ~ When your horse makes the sale, we will email you an invoice that will be payable by e-check only. Know your routing number and account number to be able to pay the $500 consignment fee. These fees need to be paid within 24 hours. Any fees not paid, will forfeit you and your horses spot in the sale and given to the next horse in line.
8. Registration Papers ~ When your horse makes the sale, original Registration Papers MUST be mailed to the office immediately. Transfer papers must be signed fully including address and accompany the registration papers in order to call the horse registered. Please make sure to send them “signature required” so you know we received them.
Mail original registration papers and signed transfers to:
MM Auction Services, LLC
15 Joslen DR
Powell, WY 82435
9. Non-accepted Nominations ~ Horses that don’t make the cut will receive an email/phone call as well no later than April 15th.
10. Stall Fees & Requirements ~ Stalls are included in consignment fees, Thursday – Saturday. “No Sold” horses will need to pay for a stall the night of the sale and any time before or after if they plan on staying @ a $75/night fee. Following the sale, all consignors are required to feed & water sold horses. Out of courtesy to both the horse and the buyer, please leave a water bucket and full feeding of hay in your stall. MM Auction Services crew will check all sale horses Saturday night & take over care Sunday morning.
11. Hotel Reservations ~ The Golden Nugget is our host hotel again this year. They have parking for trucks and trailers plus they are newly renovated. Rooms are to be booked by May 1 in order to save with our group. Here’s a direct link for all booking info: premierhorsesales.com/reno-hotel-reservations/.
12. Preview ~ Consignor agrees to have horse(s) in all events including but not limited to: sifting process, meet & greet, preview, and sale. Every event will run in lot # order. Be ready when it’s your turn. If your turn is missed, you will be moved to the bottom. If you are not there to preview at the end, your horse will be sifted from the sale. MM Auction Services is there to put on a quality horse sale and our buyers expect to be #1 on the list. If you can’t put this sale and our buyers #1 on the list, please don’t consign a horse.
13. Sifting Process Includes:
- (Arena Work) Catch, saddle, pickup all 4-feet easily, saddle, and ride off with tight cinch – lope away no problem.
- Minor abrasions, cuts, or sores may be sifted unless it is likely to heal normally without veterinarian treatment and cause no long-term threat.
- Consignor understands that if their horse doesn’t pass all stages of Premier Horse Sale’s sifting process, they will be pulled from the sale and consignment fee is forfeited. If we decide they’re out, they are OUT! Bring your BEST!
14. Required pre-purchase exam:
- All horses consigned to Premier Horse Sales are required to have a pre-purchase exam done by a licensed veterinarian in order to sell.
- PPEs can be done as early as 4 months before sale day but no sooner. Your vet is required to upload PPE information to our website, repository page, as early as 2 months before the sale but no later than 2 weeks prior to sale day.
- Pre-purchase exam should include but is not limited to clean x-rays (Left & Right Fore Foot DP, Left & Right Fore Foot Lateral) and any other ex-rays deemed necessary by the veterinarian. Our PPE also requires a full veterinarian examination.
- Some consignors will include hock and stifle x-rays as well as others but it’s not required. If buyers want more than the required PPE, they are required to get it done before the sale at their expense.
- Your Vet will upload the x-rays to our website under “Repositories”. Viewing Vets (Buyers Vets) will register to view x-rays from this same page on our website. You as a consignor will receive a notification each time a vet views your x-rays.
- Note: X-rays are viewable on our website as early as 2 months before sale day up to sale day and then the system automatically deletes them when the gavel drops. We do not keep x-rays past sale day, hence it’s called a pre-purchase exam and not a post purchase exam.
- The deposit and inspection of X-rays, and access to the repository are subject to our Repository Terms & Conditions listed on our website.
- Each buyer is encouraged to instruct their registered veterinarian to inspect the X-rays for each Lot and physically inspect each Lot prior to the purchase thereof. As provided in the Standard Conditions of Sale contained in the Sales Catalogue and on our website, each Lot purchased is purchased, at the fall of the hammer, with all defects and deficiencies, latent and patent, subject to the exceptions set out in the said Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale, or, announced prior to the auction of a Lot. The Buyer acknowledges that it is his sole responsibility to determine the quality, accuracy and completeness of the Pre-purchase Exam and to obtain independent advice with respect thereto from a registered veterinarian.
15. Transport: (Coming to Premier Horse Sale):
- All horses must have a coggins test current within six months of sale date & in owner’s name.
- All horses coming from a brand state & out of Washoe County, Nevada must have a current or lifetime Brand Inspection.
- All out of state horses must have current Health Papers within 30 days to enter sale premises.
- Healths are required to state the following: the animals listed on the CVI have not originated from some premises or an area under quarantine for vesicular stomatitis virus (VSV) or some premises on which vesicular stomatitis virus has been diagnosed in the last 30 days, or are within 10 miles of such premises; and the animals in the shipment have no signs of vesicular stomatitis viral disease.
16. Private Sales: Absolutely no private sales in the yards before or after the auction. All horses brought to the sale must be consigned and go through our auction ring. Any horses “no sold” in the ring but sold outside are expected to report it to the office. We will leave it up to the integrity of the seller to make sure this happens so the seller will be welcome back to the sale.
17. Auction Fees and Commission: The consignment/catalog fee per horse is $500. This fee will be non-refundable once horse is accepted. An 8% commission or a minimum of $1,000 will be charged on all horses sold. There will be a no-sale fee on horses of $1,000 in addition to the catalog fee. If a horse is pulled from the sale (scratched) there will be a no-sale fee of $1,000 in addition to the catalog fee. In order to waive the $1,000 scratched fee and retrieve registration papers, owner must provide MM Auction Services with a vet release explaining why the horse cannot sell at sale along with photos of injury or sickness. Animals that are rejected by the buyer because they are misrepresented at the time of the sale by the consignor will be charged 8% or $1,000 whichever is greater, same as if sold. It’s up to the consignor to pay the buyer purchase price minus all our fees. All horses will be charged a $10 brand inspection fee by state law when sold. Consignor will also be charged $20 for a new halter and lead rope to be given to the new owner at the time of sale. These charges will be deducted from your consignments gross sale.
18. Consignor’s Guarantee:
All horses selling have provided a Pre-purchase exam for buyer’s veterinarians to view prior to sale day in order for the buyer to make their own judgements of whether to purchase the horse or not. Horses will have passed our sifting process prior to the sale as well. All horses are sold guaranteed sound to both, MM Auction Services LLC and the buyer, by the consignor that at the time of sale the horse was sound of limb, wind, and eye unless other announcements are made from the auction block. This soundness guarantee is made by the seller only and does not include any other persons including MM Auction Services, Premier Horse Sales, or Colby and Codi Gines. All soundness guarantees do not include any time following the sale including transportation. Buyers are encouraged to purchase “drop of hammer” equine insurance within 24 hours of purchase time to protect their investments. Shall any soundness disputes arise; the buyer must contact the seller and settle the dispute between the two of them only. In the event it is determined by both the consignor and buyer’s veterinarians that the defect was present at the time of sale, the consignor is required to trade the buyers a horse of same value. If the horse is determined not to have the alleged defect, the sale of said horse is valid and enforceable and purchaser assumes all costs of examination, treatment, and sale purchase price. Soundness does not guarantee pass of a vet check by any vet or trainer following the sale. Buyers are to have their veterinarian view all pre-purchase information provided prior to the sale, ride and visit the horse before the sale, and ask lots of questions giving them confidence they need to bid come sale day. If they want additional x-rays, they need to have them completed before the sale at their own expense. The consignor of each animal represents and warrants to the buyer, Premier Horse Sale, MM Auction Services LLC, and Colby and Codi Gines to include but not limited to the following:
- Title of the animal, free from all claims of ownership
- Sound of limb, eyes, and wind
- Not a cribber or wind sucker
- Not cryptorchid
- Not pregnant
- Be exactly what they represent them to be.
- By Consignment to Premier Horse Sale, Consignor grants MM Auction Services the EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO SELL the consignment subject to the above provisions and agrees to all terms and conditions.
- Premier Horse Sales does NOT allow substitutions or replacements once a horse has been consigned and entered online.
- Consignor agrees to not privately sell the consigned horse. To withdraw your original consigned horse from Premier Horse Sales, it must be injured or sick and must have a vet release and submit injury/sick video or photos to waive the no sale/no show fee & retrieve registration papers.
19. Warranty: There is no implied warranty made by auctioneer or Sale Company as to the merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any animal in the sale. The seller (consignor) is the responsible party for all representations, warranties, and guarantees expressed or implied concerning the condition of any horse and buyers should satisfy themselves concerning the condition BEFORE purchasing. Buyers need to do their homework well in advance of the sale to find the sale animal that best fits them.
20. Consignor’s Checks: All consignors’ checks will be written within 24 hours of sale date and made payable to owner listed then mailed. We do not guarantee delivery when we ship checks using USPS. Please be patient when waiting for your check to arrive. Consignor can request to have their check balance wired to them minus $100 cancel payment on check fee & $100 wire transfer fee. Consignors final balance will be wired minus $200 total in fees then the consignor is required to void the original check and mail back to MM Auction Services for our records which are required by law.
21. Liability: Buyers, sellers, and spectators are cautioned to exercise care while attending the sale and enter premises at their own risk according to the laws of the State of Nevada. Neither the owners nor any other persons connected with this sale assume any liability, legal or otherwise, for accidents to persons or property, before, during, or after the sale. Colby & Codi Gines, Premier Horse Sales, MM Auction Services, LLC; its principals, directors, officers, agents, employees and volunteers, and each and every landowner, municipal and/or government agency upon whose property this activity is conducted, shall not be liable for injuries sustained by anyone attending the Premier Horse Sales. MM Auction Services, LLC & its associates act as AGENTS ONLY and are not responsible for buyer/seller error or misunderstanding. All guarantees are strictly between the buyer and seller. In further consideration of consigning at this sale, I agree to indemnify and defend MM Auction Services, LLC, Colby & Codi Gines, their agents and associates, from all injury, loss of equipment, loss of animal or damages to myself, my consigned animals or damages or injury to others lien property from my animals, by consigning a horse at this sale. The undersigned by executing this instrument delivers said agreement to MM Auction Services, LLC and declares them free of any and all claims. If any claim or dispute is asserted or arises over the sale or consignment of any lot or animal sold at auction, it is agreed that venue for any dispute shall be resolved exclusively in the courts of the State of Wyoming. Consignor also agrees that the venue shall be in Park County, Wyoming and that the laws of the State of Wyoming shall govern this Agreement and the parties’ transaction hereunder in the Courts in the State of Wyoming, and that Wyoming law shall control this transaction or any claims or disputes which arise directly or indirectly out of this transaction in all respects. By consigning a horse at Premier Horse Sales and/or executing this instrument, I verify that I have read the above information/terms & conditions in full and hereby agree to be bound by them.