FORT WORTH NOMINATIONS
NOMINATIONS ARE OPEN JUNE 1-30 ONLINE ONLY, NO EXCEPTIONS!
WHOA! Please read before nominating a horse for this sale.
In order to consign a horse, you must first register for an account at the bottom of this page or login to your existing account. If you have registered with us, you must activate your account by clicking on the link that was emailed to you upon registering with Premier Horse Sales. Nominating is not an easy process and does take preparation and planning, waiting until the last minute does not result in great outcomes.
Please call or email us if you have any questions. MM Auction Services, LLC ~ (877) 725-3636 ~ [email protected]
Premier Horse Sales wants to assure you and your horse are a great fit for our sale as well as our sale is a great fit for you and your horse.
Consignor Information ~ Terms and Conditions
1. Consignment/Catalog Fees are $500/horse~ fee includes your horses’ stall September 24-25. Starting September 26, buyers take over stall fees. “No Sales” will pay for their stalls starting September 26 @ $75/night. Consignment Fees are nonrefundable once horse is accepted. Non-refundable includes but is not limited to a vesicular stomatitis quarantine or country pandemic that would keep the sale from taking place.
2. Commission Fees are 8% of sale price or $1,000 whichever is greater.
3. No Sale/Pass Out Fees are $1,000.
4. Returned horse fee is 8% of sale price from seller.
5. Nominations Open June 1-30, Online Only
Anyone can nominate their horse in hopes to sell at Premier Horse Sale. Submission of nomination does not guarantee selection. All criteria must be met prior to your horse being nominated. More than 1 horse may be nominated. Nominations will be accepted June 1-30 online only, no exceptions. Quality over Quantity!
6. “TOP” scoring horses will sell at our Premier Horse Sale. Our Committee will be using our consignment rubric to score each and every horse and consignor. The better you & your horse score, the better of a chance you have to get a spot in the sale. All consignors will be notified by email or phone call no later than July 15th whether or not their horses are accepted. Some consignors may nominate 5 horses and only 1 will get accepted. You as the consignor can reject your 1 accepted position and we will offer it to the next highest scorer in line.
- Follow Precisely ~ the higher you & your horse score, the better your chances are to sell at sale.
- 8 scoring areas: +3 “Superior” is what you should shoot for in each area. We will accept a variety of
breeds/performances of horses and these will be taken into consideration when scoring.
- Consignor Status
- Photos – Professional Only
- Attachments to include:
- Professional photos only – minimum of 2 still photos -We cannot market your animal without great photos and videos. Help us help you! Please make sure they are 1MB – 2MB in size and the horse is not cropped in the photo too much. Photos that are too cropped do not look good when we use them for marketing especially in videos. Find a happy medium. The better the photos are the more we can use them in magazines and online marketing.
- Video by URL (YouTube/google drive/facebook, 2-3 minutes, nonprofessional for now, will not be shown to the public). Show riding and performance ability as well as gentleness and temperament.
- Copy of registration (scanned)
- Copy of change of ownership inspection (Bill of Sale – B form – purchase form – change of ownership – lifetime – proof of purchase date provided by
- Our job is to ensure you and your horse are a good fit for our sale as well as our sale is a good fit for you and your horse.
8. Consignment Fees ~ When your horse makes the sale, we will email you an invoice that will be payable by e-check only. Know your routing number and account number to be able to pay the $500 consignment fee. These fees need to be paid within 24 hours. Any fees not paid, will forfeit your spot and given to the next horse in line.
9. Registration Papers ~ When your horse makes the sale, original Registration Papers need to be mailed to the office immediately. Transfer papers must be signed fully including address and accompany the registration papers in order to call the horse registered. Please make sure to send them “signature required” so you know we received them.
Mail original registration papers and signed transfers to:
MM Auction Services, LLC
15 Joslen DR
Powell, WY 82435
10. Non-accepted Nominations ~ Horses that don’t make the cut will receive an email/phone call as well no later than July 15th.
11. Stall Fees~ Stalls are included in consignment fees, Thursday – Saturday. “No Sold” horses will need to pay for a stall the night of the sale and any time after if they plan on staying @ a $75/night fee.
12. Hotel Reservations~ Info coming soon!
13. Preview~ Consignor agrees to have horse(s) in all events including but not limited to: sifting process, meet & greet, preview, and sale. Every event will run in lot # order. Be ready when it’s your turn. If your turn is missed, you will be moved to the bottom. If you are not there to preview at the end, your horse will be sifted from the sale. MM Auction Services is there to put on a quality horse sale and our buyers expect to be #1 on the list. If you can’t put this sale and our buyers #1 on the list, please don’t consign a horse.
14. Sifting Process Includes:
- (Arena Work) Catch, bridle, saddle, and pickup all 4-feet easily, ride off with tight cinch – no problem and lope away
- Minor abrasions, cuts, or sores may be sifted unless it is likely to heal normally without veterinarian treatment and cause no long-term threat.
- Consignor understands that if their horse doesn’t pass all stages of Premier Horse Sale’s sifting process, they will be pulled from the sale and consignment fee
is forfeited. If we decide they’re out, they are OUT! Bring your BEST!
15. Required pre-purchase exam:
- All horses consigned to Premier Horse Sales are required to have a pre-purchase exam done by a licensed veterinarian in order to sell.
- Pre-purchase exam should include but is not limited to front foot ex-rays of the navicular (Left & Right Fore Foot DP, Left & Right Fore Foot Lateral) and any other ex-rays deemed necessary by the veterinarian.
- Eye Exam
- Some consignors will include hock & stifle x-rays as well as a flexion test but it’s not required. If buyers want more than the required pre-purchase exam, they are to get it done before the sale at their expense.
- Your Vet will upload the x-rays to our website under “Repositories”. Viewing Vets (Buyers Vets) will register to view x-rays from this same page on our website.
16. Transport:(Coming to the Premier Horse Sale):
- All horses must have a coggins test current within six months of sale date.
- All out of state horses must have current Health Papers within 10 days to enter sale premises.
- Healths-MUST state the following: the animals listed on the CVI have not originated from a premises or an area under quarantine for vesicular stomatitis virus (VSV) or a premises on which vesicular stomatitis virus has been diagnosed in the last 30 days, or are within 10 miles of such premises; and the animals in the shipment have no signs of vesicular stomatitis viral disease.
17. Private Sales: Absolutely no private sales in the yards before or after the auction. All horses brought to the sale must be consigned and go through our auction ring. Any horses “no sold” in the ring but sold outside are expected to report it to the office. We will leave it up to the integrity of the seller to make sure this happens so the seller will be welcome back to the sale.
18. Auction Fees and Commission: The consignment/catalog fee per horse is $500. This fee will be non-refundable once horse is accepted. An 8% commission or a minimum of $1,000 will be charged on all horses sold. There will be a no-sale fee on horses of $1,000 in addition to the catalog fee. If a horse is pulled from the sale (scratched) there will be a no-sale fee of $1,000 in addition to the catalog fee. In order to waive the $1,000 scratched fee and retrieve registration papers, owner must provide MM Auction Services with a vet release explaining why the horse cannot sell at sale along with photos of injury or sickness. Animals that are rejected by the buyer because they are misrepresented at any time by the consignor will be charged 8% or $1,000 whichever is greater, same as if sold. Colby Gines will check these animals out and make the final determination whether there were any misrepresentations. All horses will be charged a $10 brand inspection fee by state law when sold. Consignor will also be charged $20 for a new halter and lead rope to be given to the new owner at the time of sale. These charges will be deducted from your consignments gross sale.
19. Consignor’s Guarantee:
The buyer is the responsible party to examine horses carefully before they bid. All horses consigned have passed our sifting process prior to the sale as well as providing a pre-purchase exam. All horses are sold sound that at the time of inspection the horse was sound of limb, wind, and eye unless other announcements are made at the time of sale from the auction block. This soundness guarantee is between buyer and seller only and does not include any other persons. Unless otherwise stated, all horses will be sold sound until Monday following the sale by noon. Shall any soundness disputes arise; Colby Gines will be the sole deciding judge. In the event it is determined that the defect was present at the time of sale and not announced, the sale of said horse shall be null and void and the consignor still pays 8% commission or $1,000 whichever is greater. If Colby Gines determines the horse, not to have the alleged defect the sale of said horse is valid and enforceable and purchaser assumes all costs of examination, treatment, and sale purchase price. In settling disputes, the decision by Colby Gines is final. Soundness does not guarantee pass of a check by any vet following the sale. Buyers are to ride and visit the horse before the sale giving them confidence they need to bid come sale day. If they want additional x-rays, they need to have them completed before the sale at their own expense. The consignor of each animal represents and warrants to the buyer, Premier Horse Sale, MM Auction Services LLC to include but not limited to the following:
- Title of the animal, free from all claims of ownership
- Sound of limb, eyes, and wind
- Not a cribber or wind sucker
- Not cryptorchid
- Be exactly what they represent them to be.
- If said horse is not what the consignor represents it to be, Colby Gines will be the sole decider. Consignor will be expected to take the horse back and give the buyers a horse that they claimed to have purchased. Or the consignor can refund the buyers money minus fees. A decision will be made based on what is best for both parties. Whether the buyer did their homework or not, will also be taken into consideration.
- By Consignment to Premier Horse Sale, Consignor grants MM Auction Services the EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO SELL the consignment subject to the above provisions and agrees to all terms and conditions.
- Premier Horse Sales does NOT allow substitutions or replacements once a horse has been consigned and entered online.
- Consignor agrees to not privately sell the consigned horse. To withdraw your original consigned horse from Premier Horse Sales, it must be injured or sick and must have a vet release and submit injury/sick video or photos to waive the no sale/no show fee & retrieve registration papers.
20. Warranty: Animals that are rejected by the buyer because they are misrepresented in the ring will need to be inspected by Colby Gines. Colby will make the final determination whether there was misrepresentation. There is no implied warranty made by auctioneer or Sale Company as to the merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any animal in the sale. The seller is the responsible party for all representations or warranties expressed or implied concerning the condition of any horse and buyers should satisfy themselves concerning the condition before purchasing. Consignors will not refund money because of human/animal personality conflicts. Once again, buyers need to do their homework well in advance of the sale to find the sale animal that best fits them.21. Consignor’s Checks: All consignors’ checks will be written within 2 days of sale date and made payable to owner listed then mailed.22. Liability: Buyers, sellers, and spectators are cautioned to exercise care while attending the sale and enter premises at their own risk according to the laws of the State of Texas. Neither the owners nor any other persons connected with this sale assume any liability, legal or otherwise, for accidents to persons or property, before, during, or after the sale. Colby & Codi Gines, Premier Horse Sales Committee, MM Auction Services, LLC; its principals, directors, officers, agents, employees and volunteers, and each and every landowner, municipal and/or government agency upon whose property this activity is conducted, shall not be liable for injuries sustained by anyone attending the Premier Horse Sale. MM Auction Services, LLC & its associates act as agents only and are not responsible for buyer/seller error or misunderstanding. All guarantees are strictly between the buyer and seller. All animals are sold “As Is”. In further consideration of this consignment, I agree to indemnify and defend Premier Horse Sales, MM Auction Services, LLC, Colby & Codi Gines, their agents and associates, from all injury, loss of equipment, loss of animal or damages to myself, my animals or damages or injury to others lien property from my animals, by entering this horse sale.If any claim or dispute is asserted or arises over the sale or consignment of any lot or animal sold at auction, it is agreed that venue for any dispute shall be resolved exclusively in the Courts in the State of Wyoming, and that Wyoming law shall control this transaction or any claims or disputes which arise directly or indirectly out of this transaction in all respects. I verify that all photos submitted to Premier Horse Sales, MM Auction Services LLC, have full permission to be used for advertising and are free and clear from all photography copyright laws. The undersigned by executing this instrument delivers said property to MM Auction Services, LLC and declares themselves owner or legal agent and authorizes the sale thereof at public auction for his/her account according to its usual custom and represents the consignment is clear of all encumbrances unless listed above and may be legally sold. I verify that I have read the above information in full and hereby agree to be bound by them.